Request for Expressions of Interest (REOI) of One Provincial Infrastructure Engineer (PIE) (SMT1), Based in SMT- Siem Reap Provincial Administration
|May 12, 2021
|May 26, 2021
The Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) through the Ministry of Economy and Finance has received a Credit from International Development Associate (IDA) to fund the Livelihood Enhancement and Association of the Poor (LEAP) Project. The project is a 5- year funded by the World Bank with IDA Credit number 5960-KH with the project code P153591. The project has a total budget of SDR 15,100,000, approximately USD 20,170,000 and became effective on May 26, 2017 and has a closing date of November 30, 2022. May 26, 2017 and has a closing date of November 30, 2022. There are Provincial Infrastructure Specialist a above will be based in Sub Management Team (SMT1), Siem Reap Provincial Administration and responsible for providing professional assistance to Sub Management Team (SMT1), LEAP to implement, coordinate, and monitor project Infrastructure activities under the project in accordance with the agreed and applicable procedures, guidelines, and the financing agreement of the project. The project development objective (PDO) is to improve access of poor and vulnerable households in selected communities to financial services, opportunities for generating income, and small-scale infrastructure, and to provide immediate and effective response in case of an eligible crisis or emergency. This would be achieved through the: (a) establishment of self-help groups (SHGs), savings and credit groups, producer groups, agricultural cooperatives and other peoples groups/organizations; (b) provision of capacity building and training to beneficiaries to improve their income generation opportunities; (c) establishment of private sector linkages to improve and expand market opportunities; and (d) identification and provision of community based social and economic infrastructure to help improve livelihood and economic productivity of the poor.
II- OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The PIE will be based in Sub Management Team (SMT1), Siem Reap Provincial Administration and responsible for providing engineering support to Sub Management Team (SMT1), LEAP to implement, coordinate, and monitor project Infrastructure activities under the project in accordance with the agreed and applicable procedures, guidelines, and the financing agreement of the project.
III- SCOPE OF THE CONSULTING SERVICES
The consultant PIE will work closely with the Provincial Planning and Investment Division
(PPID) in Siem Reap Provincial Administration. This will include, but not be limited to the
1. Technical Support
• The Consultant will lead the preparation of the technical design for bidding documents based on investment priorities reached in each target commune through participatory methods prioritizing the views of poor and vulnerable households, and supervision of implementation/construction work of civil work packages in Siem Reap province. This includes feasibility studies, design work, preparation of technical content for bidding documents, assistance in bidding and in contract supervision to ensure the quality and cost-effectiveness of construction based on the LEAP PIM, C/S PIM, Safeguard policies and related policies.
• Provide technical support for the SMT1 Technical Unit regarding to the technical aspect and following the LEAP PIM, C/S PIM Safeguards policies and other policies;
• Support and work with Provincial Planning and Investment Division in the process of prequalification of contractors (where necessary), preparation of the bidding documents, evaluation of bids and contract preparation for LEAP Commune/Sangkat in Siem Reap provinces for all civil worksprojects.
• Assist the Provincial Planning and Investment Division to ensure that contract cost estimates produced by the Technical Support Officers (TSO) are verified.
• Support the technical staff of Provincial Planning and Investment Division, and participate in technical audits of selected LEAP infrastructure contracts, after contracts are completed.
• The PIE is expected to work closely under the cooperation with the SMT1 and obtain verification for all the bidding and contractual documents of items related to civil works.
2. Monitoring and Evaluation Page 2
• Review feasibility studies and designs and cost estimates prepared by the Technical Support Officers (TSO) using the Project Generator and assist in development of larger or technically more complex projects, to ensure design quality. Ensure sampling and testing for conformance of the materials to the Technical Specifications;
• Ensure field testing for conformance of the completed works to the Technical Specifications;
• Carry out selective field monitoring of the progress of projects as they are implemented at the commune and village level;
• Field monitor the TSO and Commune Council in conducting on-siteevaluations of selected projects ensuring that adequate and reliable data is collected for evaluation of the technical and cost-efficiency aspects of the projects;
• Certify quantity and quality of all performed works reported by the TSOs.
• Monitor the LEAP project cost estimation, bidding process so as to ensure its transparency and accountability;
• Monitoring of all works, including materials testing, verification of construction schedules, verification of quantities, adherence to contractually stipulated standards and conformance with approved engineering designs and specifications; Compile and summarize project progress, completion and evaluation reports;
• Join with the TSO to monitor the performance of contractors so that advice can be given to the Provincial Administration Structure and Commune Councils on the quality of their work;
• Provide recommendations if a technical specification criterion cannot be met, or unusual weather conditions hinder work;
• Assist with the collection, data quality verification and data entry of all information required to monitor the progress of LEAP infrastructure projects, feasibility studies, field topographical and engineering design surveys, technical designs, preparation of standardized bidding documentation.
• Ensure the infrastructure sites are screened as per the requirements in the Environment and Social Management Framework (ESMF) and Resettlement Policy Framework (RPF) of the project
• Support ESMF and RPF technical training at site, if requirement
3. Capacity Building And Knowledge Transfer
• Conduct formal and “on-the-job training” for the TSOs who are assigned to work in the LEAP Social land Concessions (SLC) areas. Beneficiary communities will also play an important role in monitoring implementation of project funded works and services
• Build capacity and assist the TSO, relevant Commune Councilors and community procurement committee to monitor the implementation of infrastructure activities in their commune and SLC areas.
• Provide training in Commune contractor prequalification procedures, bidding and contract procedures to the relevant project staff, commune councilors and community procurement committee.
• Build capacity and assist the relevant Phnom Penh LEAP project staff and Commune councilors to monitor the progress of contracted civil works and to conduct on-site evaluations of projects ensuring that adequate and Page 3 reliable data is collected for evaluation of the technical and cost-efficiency aspects of the local projects.
• Initiate the model for small scale infrastructure maintenance based on the local communities commitment and assist the project staff, commune councils and community committee to conduct simple campaign/intervention to encourage the communities to practice the model.
• Assist the project staff and Commune councilors in management of the safeguards including the process social and environmental safeguards assessment as part of the infrastructure project feasibility study, using the CSF PIM
4. Other Duties
• Coordinate with other LEAP Infrastructure Consultants and attend, as requested, national level forums on relevant infrastructure issues.
• Provide assistance, as required, to monitoring missions, audits, and site visits.
• Perform other duties as required by Provincial Project manager, LEAP Project Manager, and Project Director.
• Assist in the translation of relevant Commune/Sangkat, Provincial Administration Structure and other LEAP documents from Khmer – English – Khmer
Minimum Key Qualifications:
The minimum qualifications required for these post as follows:
1. Bachelor degree (or higher is plus) in civil engineering field
2. At least 10 years of experience in infrastructure design, construction and supervision, with a specific focus on small-scale infrastructure, as well as project management experience;
3. Training and presentation skills;
4. High level computer skills including CAD (essential) and thorough understanding of database design and management (highly desirable).
5. Previous and relevant experience, at least three years working with project related to Rural Infrastructure Implementation, the World Bank or other development partners funded projects.
6. Familiarity with the principle issues related to policy, regulation and technology choice for construction, operation and maintenance of rural infrastructure;
7. Fluency in spoken and written Khmer and English.
8. Ability and willingness to travel regularly to the project sites;
9. Ability to work well in teams and to work independently with minimum supervision
How to Apply
4. The Ministry of Interior (MOI) invites expressions of interest from qualified and experienced candidates to undertake the above-mentioned services which are further detailed in the Terms of Reference for the assignments. The Consultants will be selected in accordance with the World Bank’s Consultant Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011, revised July 2014.
5. In submitting their expressions of interest, Candidates must provide their updated curriculum vitae, indicating professional skills, academic qualifications, and experience in similar assignments, along with the names of at least three (3) referees with contact information (e-mail address, telephone, or Telegram numbers).
6. Interested candidates can request for the detailed Terms of Reference (in English) for the assignment from the address below during office hours from 8:00 to 12:00 and from 13:30 to 17:30 hours, Monday through Friday, except the government public holidays or Email: [email protected], website:https://leapcambodia.org.
7. Expressions of interests must be submitted to the address below no later than May 26, 2021 (before 17:30 hours). Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview and contract negotiation.
Attention: Mr. Heanh Bunna, chief of procurement of LEAP project. Address: Ministry of Interior’s Department of
Integrity and Governance (DIG), #275, Preah Norodom Boulevard, Tonle Bassac, Chamkamon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Email: [email protected] and copy to [email protected]